Caldwell College is a 4-year Catholic liberal arts college located in a suburban setting about twenty miles west of New York City. Founded in 1939 by the Sisters of St. Dominic, Caldwell College enrolls approximately 2,300 full time and part time students. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.
Submit letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to:
The Office of Human Resources-IPP
120 Bloomfield Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006
Fax: (973) 618-3358
Caldwell College is an EOE.
- Department: Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Date Posted: 11/6/2012
- Application Due:
- Responsibilities/Description: Caldwell College invites nominations and applications for the college’s first Dean of Liberal Arts and Humanities beginning July 1, 2013. Nine departments will comprise the new Division, signaling the first phase of an academic affairs reorganization that will ensure alignment with the strategic direction of the college. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean will provide energetic and innovative leadership and a cohesive vision for the division that is in keeping with the mission, vision and values of the college.
- Education/Requirements: Candidates must have an earned Doctorate in one of the disciplines within the division(Art, Communication Arts, English, History and Political Science, Math, Modern Languages, Music, Sociology and Criminal Justice and Theology and Philosophy), achieved the rank of associate professor or professor with tenure, an excellent record of teaching and scholarship in higher education, administrative expertise in planning, budgeting, mentoring, program and course scheduling and management, and program and curriculum development and assessment. Candidates must also have experience with accreditation and take an active role in fund-raising, developing interdisciplinary programs, and pursuing grant opportunities. Candidates must support the Catholic Dominican liberal arts mission of the College. Please submit your CV, a cover letter specifying the position for which you are applying, a list of three complete professional references including complete contact information, and an official transcript from the institution awarding the highest degreeto email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Department: Registrar
- Date Posted: 11/19/2012
- Application Due:
- Responsibilities/Description: Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Registrar. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management & Communication, the Registrar is responsible for ensuring the privacy and integrity of student records, managing registration processes and providing leadership to the Offices of the Registrar and Institutional Research. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to; • Ensuring institutional compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other Federal and State regulations. • Developing and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures for registration processes. • Overseeing the structure and maintenance of the Registration and Advising Modules, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of records, and managing the entry ofrecords, registration and grades in the JICS portal. • Overseeing the creation of the College catalogs, the course offering booklet for each term, assigning rooms for all courses and setting dates for each final examination. • Maintaining lists of all applicants for graduation and certifying the completion of all requirements for graduation. • Overseeing the issuing of official college transcripts, diplomas and degree and enrollment verifications. • Overseeing the generation of reports prepared by the Institutional Researcher and the reporting of official College data. • Serving as a member of various college committees including the Strategic Planning Committee, Curriculum Committee, Academic Foundations, and Enrollment Management and Student Life Committee. • Establish and maintain the cohorts for all first time full-time freshman and the student athletes. • Maintain active membership in national, regional and local professional organizations. • Develop short and long term goals for the offices, assessing outcomes and evaluating staff participation andperformance. • Develop and implement comprehensive plans for student record retention and storage.
- Education/Requirements: Master’s degree plus three to four years of effective experience required. The successful candidate will be a data driven person with a track record of innovation, excellent technology skills who has a demonstrated track record of successfully managing registration processes, upholding the integrity of student’s right to privacy and is intimately familiar with Federal and state regulations. Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively build and maintain working relationships across all levels of the institution are strongly preferred. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.
Major Gifts Officer
- Department: Development & Alumni Affairs
- Date Posted: 12/13/2012
- Application Due:
- Responsibilities/Description: Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Major Gifts Officer. Reporting to the Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs the Major Gifts Officer will build and manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors capable of making significant gifts to Caldwell College. This person will be responsible for meeting an annual revenue target and monthly goals in order to advance the mission of Caldwell College and support the overall fundraising goals of the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to; • Conducting a minimum of 15 visits per month. • Preparing solicitation materials, gift agreements, and other stewardship documents. • Following up with donors/prospects after meetings. • Overseeing the prospect management process to include working with Development staff and volunteers to ensure accurate and timely tracking of all major gift activities in Raiser’s Edge. • Implementing programs and activities to identify, engage, inspire and thank major donors.
- Education/Requirements: Bachelor’s degree plus three to five years of effective development experience is required, Master’s degree is preferred. Proficiency using fundraising software and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel) is also required; experience using Raiser’s Edge is preferred. The successful candidate will have an established track record of cultivating relationships, soliciting gifts, and working with volunteers. This person will also have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, the ability to effectively build and maintain relationships across the institution and be a team player. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College
- Date Posted: 1/25/2013
- Application Due:
- Responsibilities/Description: Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Institutional Researcher. Reporting to the Registrar/Director, Institutional Research the Institutional Researcher is responsible for collecting, maintaining, and analyzing data, and preparing reports to support institutional initiatives and planning. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to; • Completing federal, state, and higher education reports and surveys for the College in compliance with mandated deadlines. • Assisting academic and administrative departments in conducting research and analysis, distributing timely reports, and updating the portal and website for reports/data. • Supporting the College with data in relation to periodic Middle States self-study efforts and annual institutional profile updates. • Assisting academic departments in addressing specialized accreditation requirements by providing data and assisting with data analysis and outcomes. • Producing and publishing annual College Fact book and Fact Sheet.
- Education/Requirements: Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Educational Research or a related field plus three to four years of effective experience in extracting, analyzing, and reporting data, proficient with Microsoft Office suite, with an emphasis on ACCESS and EXCEL is required. Prior experience with management information systems required. Experience in college and higher education institutional research preferred. Prior experience with research methodology and statistical software strongly preferred. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.