Caldwell College is a 4-year Catholic liberal arts college located in a suburban setting about twenty miles west of New York City. Founded in 1939 by the Sisters of St. Dominic, Caldwell College enrolls approximately 2,300 full time and part time students. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.
Submit letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to:
The Office of Human Resources-IPP
120 Bloomfield Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006
Fax: (973) 618-3358
Caldwell College is an EOE.
- Department: Development & Alumni Affairs
- Date Posted: 1/7/2013
- Application Due:
- Responsibilities/Description: Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Development Assistant. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Development & Alumni Affairs the Development Assistant will be responsible for providing general office support and assisting with alumni affairs and data base management. Specific job duties include, but are not limited to; • Providing general office support to include; answering phones, handling inquiries, ordering supplies, filing, receiving and distributing mail, preparing mailings, managing student workers, and maintaining the Development Office Outlook calendar. • Preparing meetings materials, coordinating travel arrangements, and corresponding with donors and prospects. • Assisting with alumni and special events, including making room reservations, facilities preparations, and developing marketing materials. Attend events, as needed, and manage event registration. • Maintaining records for Development & Alumni Affairs budget accounts and reconciling accounts with budget reports. • Assisting the Advancement Services Coordinator with updating the alumni database, including the input of gifts, address information, etc. Processing checks, credit cards, payments, matching gifts and payroll deductions, when needed. Depositing checks. • Performing mail merges for special events and assisting with other donor-related mailings, including gift receipts, donor acknowledgement letters, etc.
- Education/Requirements: High school degree required plus additional training in computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office plus 12 to 18 months of effective experience required. Bachelor’s degree and prior experience working in higher education or the non-profit industry preferred. Occasional night and/or evening work required during special events. The successful candidate will be a team player who is able to anticipate needs, have a strong technical learning ability, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the College.
Administrative Assistant, Athletics
- Department: Athletics
- Date Posted: 1/25/2013
- Application Due:
- Responsibilities/Description: Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant, Athletics. Reporting to the Executive Director, Athletics this position is responsible for creating a welcoming office environment and providing general clerical support. Job duties include, but are not limited to; • Providing front desk reception to include greeting visitors, answering phones, and following up on all inquiries, and prioritizing customer issues. • Performing general office duties to include preparing correspondence, faxing, and filing, photocopying, establishing and maintaining files, mailings, processing incoming and outgoing mail, scheduling and canceling appointments. • Preparing payment requests for cash advances, vendor payments, referee payments, and coach’s expenses. • Preparing contracts for each home game and each sport. • Providing support with various events and conferences. • Maintaining the database containing the master athletic calendar for the college website. • Arranging travel accommodations for the Executive Director. • Ordering and maintaining inventory of office supplies. • Scheduling athletic department van maintenance. • Maintaining the Director’s master sports schedule book. • Revising, copying, and assembling coaches’ manuals, NCAA compliance notebooks, and player’s notebooks. The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent organizational and communication skills, customer focus, and one who anticipates needs, can adapt to a changing work environment and is willing and able to learn new technical skills.
- Education/Requirements: Knowledge equivalent to an Associate’s degree with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) plus 18 to 24 months of effective experience required. Experience working within an Athletics department preferred. Some evenings and weekends required. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the college.